Jody's Adventures

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Freezing my Tail off in Beijing

It is -2C this morning in Beijing, and most of the must do sights around here are OUTSIDE! I hiked the great wall yesterday, outstanding, more about that later when I get the pictures up. Right now I'm hiding in a coffee shop with an utterly un-chinese cafe mocha and enjoying every sip! My latest Chinese phrase is Da Fung (big wind) It is often windy here and your face literally gets sandblasted bacause sands from the nearby desert are always blowing across 北京 (beijing). I've seen the Summer Palace, and Tianamen Square and am now trying to psyche myself up to tour the forbidden city in this frigid weather. Thinking of all of you and wishing to be next to your warm wood stoves and heaters!
Love Jody

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home