Jody's Adventures

Monday, December 04, 2006

Tiger Leaping Gorge




Well I had a big 2 day hike in Tiger leaping gorge the past few days. Finally saw some sunshine which was a nice change, and have gotten away from the city which is great. It was the first time in China that I have seen Orion in the sky. I've always been in places too polluted or too bright! It is a pretty grueling trek. I did get a horse for the first day to save my sore knee from a big downhill. That was a good call. I bit scary at times though when the horse and I wanted to go slowly on the downhills, but the guy leading the horse was pulling him along. He must have had a hot date for he was in a hurry to get the trip over with. Or maybe he was just in a hurry to get the $13.50 I payed him for the day. Tiger leaping gorge in the upper reaches of the Yangtze River is where the river wraps around Jade Dragon Snow mountain and goes thru a gorge which legend has it is narrow enough for a tiger to have leapt across when he was being chased by a hunter. I'm not sure I beleive the tiger bit. But the gorge was impressive.

Here is a shot of the gorge and me with my horse and guide.

Cheers

Jody

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home